Snort mailing list archives

Re: FP? 1675

From: Alex Kirk <akirk () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:09:39 -0400

Are you getting a lot of these, or is this just a one-off? The unfortunate
reality with Oracle is that it uses random high ports after a TNS exchange
(which we don't currently track), and so sometimes HTML can trigger issues
like this, as it's destined for a high port like the rule expects. I'd
suggest tweaking your $SQL_SERVERS variable, since you're probably not doing
a lot of web surfing on the Oracle box, but your proxy could cause issues
with that, depending on your setup.

That said, unless you're getting a number of these, I'd file this under
"anomaly" and not worry too much about it.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Chris Stevens <