Snort mailing list archives

Re: FP 17246

From: Nigel Houghton <nhoughton () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:56:42 -0400

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:44:18 -0400, Weir, Jason wrote:
Thanks Nigel - that's what I was looking for.

Are the deleted rules published anywhere - I don't see any listed in the
change logs for the subscription release

Well, rules that get deleted show as "modified". They still exist, they
just get moved into the deleted.rules file (which is still in the tar
ball) and "DELETED" gets added to the rule msg.

So, old rules never really die, they just get moved. Not really deleted
in the truest sense, but since nobody should be including the
deleted.rules file in their snort.conf, for all intents and purposes
they are effectively deleted.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist