Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rule 17494

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:25:58 -0400

 On 10/1/2010 3:08 PM, Jefferson, Shawn wrote:
Anyone else notice this rule, 17494 triggering a lot today?  Or is it just me... it's
an old vulnerability from 2006.

If I had to guess, I'd say somebody was covering a bald spot that was pointed out by
someone's IDS test suite  :-)

As to the practical value of it today, that's much akin to Slammer detection.

Jeff