Snort mailing list archives

Re: daq_static error on snort build

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:16:38 -0400

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 6:45 PM, <tgiles () echoforest org> wrote:

Hi, all.

Any particular trick to handle the "daq_static library not found" error
message when compiling 2.90 from source?

Compiled libpcap-1.0.0 without issue. daq-0.2 is fine as well. When I go to
configure snort, I end up with:

ERROR!  daq_static library not found, go get it from...

Have a look at Snort's README.daq.  This sounds like the issue:

Note that configure runs daq-modules-config which must be in your PATH.  If
you
configured the DAQ with a non-standard prefix then you may need to put that
in
your path like this before running configure:

    PATH=/daq/install/prefix:$PATH

I spent the past hour or two rooting around on the commandline, trying
different options without success. All other new requirements for my CentOS
5 32 bit testing system (libdnet, bison, flex, etc) are installed without a
problem.

I re-downloaded all packages, wiped the target directory on several
occasions, etc. and still can't get snort's build to see any daq_static
files.

Any thoughts or pointers

Thanks for any input you may have

tom

==
Just in case it will help, here's the exact bits I'm running- pretty much
all in order.

## libpcap-1.0.0
./configure --prefix=/opt/snort ; make && make install

## DAQ
./configure --prefix=/opt/snort --with-libpcap-includes=/opt/snort/include
--with-libpcap-libraries=/opt/snort/lib --enable-static

## snort 2.9.0
./configure --prefix=/opt/snort --oldincludedir=/opt/usr/include
--enable-dynamicplugin --enable-reload --enable-reload-error-restart
--enable-zlib --enable-perfprofiling --with-daq-includes=/opt/snort/include
--with-daq-libraries=/opt/snort/lib