Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] New Classification System Proposal

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:36:53 -0500

On 12/23/2010 5:10 PM, Joel Esler wrote:
Paul et all, I apologize if it seemed like I was being brief with my
response, I wasn't "dictating" how it was going to be.

By using hyphens and lowercase, all output modules from Snort,
parsers, and GUIs won't have to change.  If we introduce even one of
those, all of the previous will have to recode.

It's a compatibility thing.  I wasn't being snarky or acting like a
dictator, I was being brief, on my iPhone, and at the Doctor's
office.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

This would never be a problem if you stopped using that iCrap. Wait
until you get home. Enjoy your life a little.

Oh, and stop top posting! AAAGGGHHH!!

Happy Festivus!

Randy