Snort mailing list archives

Re: Tweak mysql database

From: Dustin Webber <dustin.webber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 13:44:11 -0500

Dwane,

|| Also, it appears that my database is still collecting data, but my gui,
SNORBY, only shows the stuff from two weeks ago.  Is there a way to give
this screen a boost?

You need to verify that the Snorby worker and backend jobs are running
properly. On the Snorby administration menu you will see a link called
`Worker & Job Queue`.  If you have any cache jobs that failed you will see
them here. If the status on the worker process is not green you have a job
queue issue. I would delete all jobs from the queue, restart the Snorby
worker and then start each job from the `worker` menu.

Make sure you are using the lastest version of snorby which is 2.1.0 as of
last night.

|| How does one delete events that are over two weeks old?  At that point,
if an action was going to happen, it would be done

You cannot delete events from inside Snorby. Think gmail, you never delete
email you just archive and remove from the inbox. If you wish
to permanently remove the events just use the mysql console.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Dustin W. Webber
Dustin.Webber () gmail com