Snort mailing list archives

Re: compilation problem 2.8.6

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 09:26:16 -0400

Are you running the "make install" as root?

On Jul 9, 2010, at 8:41 AM, twostep () o2 pl wrote:

no I have not, after install I got only
ls /usr/local/snort/lib

pkgconfig
snort_dynamicengine
snort_dynamicpreprocessor

2010/7/9 Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>:
Do you have this directory?
/usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules
Is there anything in it?

--
Sent from my iPad
On Jul 9, 2010, at 7:53 AM, twostep () o2 pl wrote:

I just download snort 2.8.6 on RH 5.4
when I try to install with options:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/snort --exec-prefix=/usr/local/snort
;make;make install

everything is fine but during start I get an error
snort[14061]: FATAL ERROR: parser.c(5161) Could not stat dynamic
module path "/usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules": No such file or
directory.

I verify that after compilation I have in source directory
/usr/src/snort-2.8.6/src/dynamic-examples/dynamic-rule files below:
detection_lib_meta.h
Makefile
Makefile.am
Makefile.in
rules.c
sid109.c
sid637.c

so I think that libraries were not compile properly, so that's why I
do not have directory
/usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules
after compilation in snort 2.8.5.2 I had got:
detection_lib_meta.h
lib_sfdynamic_example_rule.la
Makefile
Makefile.am