Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Configurations

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:48:09 -0400

The thing about the install guides is that they are great for people that
want to get Snort up and running quickly with the options that the
"guide-writer" has.  Every network is different and each network will need
it's own specific compile.

I generally recommend that people specifically compile Snort using the VRT's
snort.conf's suggestions. (at the top of the snort.conf there are compile
options.)  Then if you need to adjust fire from there, you can do that.
 Snort is very flexible that way.

Joel