Snort mailing list archives

Re: Does 'ttl' allow less-than-or-equal and greater-than-or-equal?

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:00:44 -0400

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 1:53 PM, <Joshua.Kinard () us-cert gov> wrote:

Russ,

Thanks for the info!  Should I contact someone at SF directly to
highlight the error in their analyst guide, or do they monitor this list
for stuff like this and will pick it up in the next documentation cycle?
I assume the '=' is a holdover from a previous version of Snort, so that
existing rules with that syntax won't break.

A bug is open on this and the fix (including support for <= and >=) should
be out soon.

I also mentioned a week or two ago on this list about the hidden
'rawbytes' parameter to isdataat.  I didn't get a response on that, so
just seeing if that will also get included in the next documentation
update for both Snort and SourceFire.

The manual was already fixed following your earlier email.  Sorry you didn't
get a response then.

And is there a public bug tracker for Snort?  I figure it's a good idea
to see if an issue is reported already for little things like this.

There is no public bug tracker (other than this list).  But as these bugs
work their way through the system, additional steps are taken to ensure
related things are updated, including SF manuals.

Thanks for pointing out these issues.

Russ

Thanks!,

--J