Snort mailing list archives

libtool versions and snortsam

From: "Castle, Shane" <scastle () bouldercounty org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:38:55 -0600

In snort-2.8.6, the libtool version used was compatible with RHEL5,
which uses libtool 1.5.22. The mods needed for snortsam would apply and
build with no issues. With snort-2.8.6.1, the libtool version used is
2.2.6a, and snortsam won't apply and build. :(.

Given the lack of support in RHEL5 for the newer versions of libtool,
unless I want to install and build libtool myself, either from the SRPMs
from Fedora or from the base source from Gnu, I am SOL.

You can imagine my joy.

I ditched Solaris for this same reason - new versions of Snort would not
compile on Solaris. Now I face this with Linux, too (but only if I want
to use snortsam - and who wouldn't?).

--
Shane Castle
Data Security Mgr, Boulder County IT