Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rules2C source code?

From: "Mario D. Santana" <mds () mariosantana net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:36:24 -0400

Ah, OK.  It's just that we'd like to use SO rules to obfuscate rules that we
need to keep very close to our chest.  Uploading those rules to a web page
(even a web page made by SourceFire) runs somewhat counter to the whole
principle.

No worries, though.  Like I said, the Rules2C tool is really useful for
learning how SO rules work, and there are lots of options for us now.

Thanks again, and we'll see you at DefCon to hear about Razorback!

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Matt Watchinski <