Snort mailing list archives

oinkmaster.pl download error

From: Alejandro Cabrera Obed <aco1967 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 11:57:25 -0300

Dear all, I've Oinkmaster 2.0 minstalled in my Windows machine.

I've change the url path to download the Snort rules, according to the
Snort.org site definition.

I run the script from a command shell (Windows), in the way:

c:\oinkmaster-2.0\oinkmaster.pl -C c:\oinkmaster-2.0\oinkmaster.conf
-o "c:\snort\rules"

But some days ago I get the following error:

oinkmaster.pl: Error: could not download from
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/*oinkcode*/snortrules-snapshot-2853.tar.gz:
500 Can't connect to s3.amazonaws.com:443 (Bad hostname
's3.amazonaws.com')

I put my proxy settings in the Windows variables list, so the
oinkmaster can go through the proxy.

And when I downlod from my browser from
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/a9e009e98b55441d6aeb6983048178df82d721b9/snortrules-snapshot-2853.tar.gz,
I can download the file.

So please what's the problem with oinkmaster.pl ???

Thanks a lot,

Alejandro