Snort mailing list archives

Re: Persistant URL for rules md5sum

From: Nigel Houghton <nhoughton () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:08:21 -0400

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM,  <zultan () mad scientist com> wrote:
Do you use oinkmaster or pulledpork?

I wrote a wrapper for oinkmaster that checks for a new md5sum before
downloading a new tarball.

You might want to switch to pulled pork, it has had that functionality
since version 0.1. It has many other advantages over oinkmaster.

Did you try...

That's the old way (see below).  It was broken when I tried it 2 weeks ago,
but now it works again.  Thanks.

Before the changes 2 weeks ago,
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/<oinkcodehere>/<filename>.md5
was spelled out on the web site.  It would be helpful to others if it
returned.

Noted. Passed on to IT/web people.

--
Nigel Houghton