Snort mailing list archives

Re: tcp syn flood attack

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:55:05 -0400

Maybe someone else can help you with snortsam, but for sure you need to
change:

15 minutes , timeout <T>

timeout 900,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <
luis.daniel.lucio () gmail com> wrote:

thanx
well what i'm trying is to use rate_filter with snortsam.  I've ported
sucessfully snortsam to use with snortsam to plush fw rules

rate_filter \
    gen_id 135, sig_id 1, \
    track by_dst, \
    count 10, seconds 60, \
    new_action fwsam: src[IN], 15 minutes , timeout <T>, \
    apply_to 10.1.1.100

i wonder if this could work