Snort mailing list archives

Re: Daemonlogger and BPF

From: Jason Brvenik <jasonb () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 00:36:58 -0400

Wouldn't that be no packets because there can only be two ports in any
given conversation using them?

If you want all packets for port 80, 8080, and 8081 then you need to use "or"

port 80 or port 8080 or port 8081

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Randal T. RIoux <randy () procyonlabs com> wrote:
I have a question about the file format for bpf filtering with Daemonlogger.

The syntax isn't described anywhere. However, this is what I know.

"port 80 and port 8080" works fine for the -f command line inclusion.

"port 80 and port 8080 and port 8181" throws this error:

   expression rejects all packets

So, I guess my question really is: what is the proper formatting/syntax
for BPF usage in Daemonlogger?

Thanks!
Randy

--