Snort mailing list archives

Re: I've just noticed that my linux snort is no longer using PCAP_FRAMES ???

From: Phil Wood <cpw () lanl gov>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:42:44 -0600

PCAP_FRAMES is only understood by the libpcap at:

  http://public.lanl.gov/cpw/libpcap-0.9.8.20081128.tar.gz

As far as I know the latest libpcap at tcpdump.org is libpcap-1.1.1.  It
has source code to use a ring buffer but I have not had time to try it
out.  For all I know, it could be the default.  But, I don't think they
went so far as to use my PCAP_FRAMES gimmick.

Later,

--
C. Philip Wood, Int. D.
Senior Member of the Internet