Snort mailing list archives

Re: zlib and 2.8.6 problem on Ubuntu 8.04

From: John York <YorkJ () brcc edu>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 15:53:00 +0000

I confess that I work in a Windows-only world, but dabble in *nix (hangs head).

But anyway, installing zlib1g-dev did fix the configure problem.  Now I see:
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes

I still get errors when snort hits compress_depth or inspect_gzip in the http preprocessor.  Is there something else
I'm missing?

Thanks
John