Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.8.6 not loading sensitive data rules

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 16:22:03 -0400

Looks like you might be missing "tcp" or another protocol in the rule?  Without seeing the rule I don't know the error.

--
Sent from my iPad
AIM: eslerjoel

On May 7, 2010, at 3:58 PM, "Andy Berryman" <aberryman () Cymtec com> wrote:

When I try to have snort 2.8.6 load the sensitive data rules, I get an error:

May  7 19:35:47 (none) snort[9499]: FATAL ERROR: /snort /conf/sensitive-data.rules(1) Bad protocol: $HOME_NET.

I can post the rules if needed.

Thanks,

Andy Berryman

This message from Cymtec Systems, Inc. contains confidential information and is solely for the use of the
recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review,
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please destroy it immediately and notify Cymtec Systems, Inc. by telephone at +1.314.993.8700
or by return e-mail.