Snort mailing list archives

Re: Alternative to BASE

From: Kevin Johnson <kevin () inguardians com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:56:39 -0400

On Apr 28, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Curt Shaffer wrote:
I guess from looking at the web site and seeing

"May 28, 2009
BASE 1.4.4 (dawn) released!"

and not paying attention to the date on the Sourceforge download made
me think that nothing has been done with it.

Good point!  I need to update that. :)

Not that it's a bad
application. I am happy with the functionality. I guess I was more
concerned with fact that the link to the mailing list archives shows
the last post as 2010-03-09 14:34 with a subject of "         Buy V1agra
Super Active Plus on www.44-22.cn <dereferenced@ka...>"

. I will check it out as we shouldn't allow those.

So I apologize if it comes across that I am looking for something
"better".

No apology needed.  I recommend looking for the best thing possible!

As I am more looking for something that has active support
in a mailing list. I will certainly try to post my problem there and
see if anyone can assist.

Posting there will get you an answer.  It may not get you an answer
that works since
it appears that the issue you are having is not BASE related as the
sensor seems
to be having an issue.  Did you see Joel's response here?

Kevin