Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort isn't logging to snort.log but is to snort.alert

From: ccie 6862 <ccie6862 () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 15:14:11 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the tip - I've made the changes.

Also, I found why the snort.log wasn't being used. The snort.conf file had the following:

output alert_unified: filename snort.alert, limit 128
output log_unified: filename snort.unified, limit 128

I have no idea how the snort.log was being created, as it was no where in the configuration file; however snort.unified
has always been used in addition to the snort.alert and (until recently) snort.log.

Everything is back to normal.