Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-users Digest, Vol 47, Issue 15

From: Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:04:53 -0500

Hmmmm well it is included in the FC11 "Everything" repository.  Since
this sounds like a school project I will leave this up as an exercise
for you to figure out.

Regards,

Will

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Sunil.V.Gurlahosur <sunilcs6 () gmail com> wrote:
     I am doing project on Intrusion detection and prevention system,I am
using snort to detect present attacks with the snort rules.

Since mine is Dynamic Intrusion detection and prevention system i need to
detect any new attacks comes to my network so I want use HONEYD to monitor
my network, detect and prevent future attacks.

I am not finding good manual to install HONEYD to my system so it would be
nice if any one helps me in installing by sending INSTALLATION PROCEDURE and
am running FEDORA 11.

Thanks in advance.. :)

Sunil