Snort mailing list archives

Re: Content rule matches on PCAP but does not match when snort listens

From: Matt Olney <molney () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:53:07 -0500

Shot in the dark:  Try running your snort live with -k none.  This shuts off
the checking for checksum errors and clears up a lot of magic.  Also remove
flow_depth from your config, it is the same as server_flow_depth.
 flow_depth is being deprecated.

Give these a shot and let us know how it goes.

Matt