Snort mailing list archives

Re: Seek help for update snort-2.6.1 to snort-2.8.5.2

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 08:58:02 -0500

On Mar 8, 2010, at 8:55 AM, bai haoquan wrote:
Hi ,

My old snort-2.6.1 is installed for a web project, now I want to update the snort. And I find there are some lines in
the old snort.conf which maybe make some mistakes, they are

    preprocessor flag: stats_interval 0 hash 2

    preprocessor stream4: disable_evasion_alerts

    preprocessor stream4_reassemble

    preprocessor telnet_decode

Now I had already installed the snort-2.8.5.2, and I want my new snort can also work like the before version with the
snort.conf, how can I adjust these lines above in my new snort.conf, to work as before. Thank you.

Delete them, none of them are used anymore.

I suggest, when you move over to the new version of Snort that you take the new snort.conf and only transfer over the
settings that are specific to your network (frag3 lines, etc)

--
Joel Esler
706-231-1451