Snort mailing list archives

Re: Archiving Snort logs

From: justin joseph <justinjoseph007 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:21:12 +0530

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Sharma, Ashish <ashish.sharma3 () hp com>wrote:

Joel,

Ok I got the point.

There are plenty of approaches to archive DB files.

Here I want to know how can I clean up 'snort.log' files automatically that
keep on growing in a production system without much admin interference.

http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/logrotate8.html

Thanks in advance
Ashish Sharma