Snort mailing list archives

Re: Errors with Windows .conf

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:54:17 -0500

On Feb 18, 2010, at 3:23 PM, Rich Rumble wrote:

I noticed the "Errors with the Snort manual" thread and before I
forget, I had to ask if anyone knows why the Windows snort.conf file
does not reflect a typical windows path for certain variables.
For example:
dynamicengine /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so
should be %drive_letter%\snort\lib\snort_dynamicengine\sf_engine.dll (
e.g. c:\snort\lib...)
Just curious, Snort has offered the windows install for years, I
thought by now it'd have made this a little easier on those poor
windows users :)

As you know Snort is primarily developed for *nix based systems, and yes, while we issue a compile for Windows, you are
right, we don't have specific Windows instructions.

We'll take a look at incorporating this.