Snort mailing list archives

Re: Which OS to choose for SNORT? (need help)

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 20:53:36 -0500

If you are looking at multiple gigabits a second worth of traffic, you'd
have higher success buying a commercial product.

My 0.02.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Sadanand Ghagare <sadanandgh () gmail com>wrote:

The speed will be in gigabits, though our most production and UAT
network is on solaris and never faced any gigabits high speed
performance issue.

REgards,
sadanand

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Jason Brvenik