Snort mailing list archives

Re: Is there an acceptable amount of dropped packets for snort?

From: Edin Dizdarevic <Snort () truesec de>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 23:00:56 +0100

AFAIC dropped packets are a problem when you detect false negatives (FN)
- I'm not sure if the term FN is appropriate here btw. But there are so
many other reasons that could lead to a FN.

Regarding metrics you might want to take a look into the Performance
Monitor preprocessor which I used to deploy often when facing
performance issues.

Rgrds,
Edin