Snort mailing list archives

Re: Downloading older versions of snort

From: Nigel Houghton <nhoughton () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:20:04 -0500

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Mike Cox <mike.cox52 () gmail com> wrote:
Anyone know where can I download older versions of snort?
Particularly 2.8.4.1? It is somewhat onerous to download each file via
ViewCVS ... I was hoping for a .tzg somewhere.

Thanks.

-Mike Cox

Is there some specific reason you have for wanting old versions? We do
not keep old versions of snort on the site anymore, there are many
reasons for this, the most important one is that you really should not
be using them :D Many of the rules that we now release will not work
on the version of Snort that you are looking for. Many issues have
also been fixed between 2.8.4 and 2.8.5.

If you really want the old version, you could make a request to
snort-site () sourcefire com and see if someone can help you out.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist