Snort mailing list archives

Re: Generic SQL injection false positives

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:53:10 -0600

--On December 28, 2009 4:28:18 PM -0600 Graham Bignell <bignell () gmail com>
wrote:

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Guise McAllaster
<guise.mcallaster () gmail com> wrote:
From what I've seen, some SQLi will work using "/**/" instead of
spaces.  Other bypasses are possible as well I thinks.  Others want to
contribute some useful bypasses to spaces?

"+"

+update?  Or + update?

Or are you referring to %20+update+whatever?

If so, the + sign is removed during normalization.

"%20"

This is a space, which will converted to a space by the normalization
process.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.