Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unixsock plugin?

From: Honia A <honia2002 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:20:56 -0500

Thanks Dirk,

1) Currently I have the line "output alert_unixsock" added to my snort.conf file and this is the command I run: "snort
-A unsock -c snort.conf ". Did you mean I have to delete the line from the snort.conf file and just run the command
itself?

2) You said I have to provide the unix domain socket so that snort can write to it, how can I do that?

Thanks again for your help,

Honia