Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard: Syslog output FAIL!

From: Jason Wallace <jason.r.wallace () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:26:26 -0500

I would recommend having snort output using the unified2 format and
use barnyard2 http://www.securixlive.com/barnyard2/download.php

The unified2 format has both the alert and log information in one file
so you only need one instance of barnyard2. The original barnyard is
outdated, unmaintained, and does not support unified2. You're not
likely to get a lot of help using the original version of barnyard.