Snort mailing list archives

Re: Web UI

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 01:27:02 -0400

I've seen systems with 14 million events on a very powerful machine.

--
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 14, 2009, at 10:42 PM, Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
wrote:

On 15/07/2009, at 8:01 AM, Joel Esler wrote:

It's much better than ACID ever was.

It's the biggest web gui there is for Snort. With over 20k users.

Anyone have a feeling for how many events it will handle in the
database?  Last time I looked (a long time ago) it would go very
soggy if I tried to keep more than a weeks worth of alerts in the
DB.   My current (Placid *) system works fine with about 6 million
events.  But has very limited functionality.

* Phil (Denault) Loaths ACID  :)