Snort mailing list archives

Barnyard logging to database

From: Alexander Novokhatsky <alex.ontario () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:27:30 -0400

Hello snort-users,

I have Linux-based configuration of snort, logging to unified files:

  output alert_unified: filename snort.alert, limit 128
  output log_unified: filename snort.log, limit 128

I'd like to set up barnyard so that it sends only alerts to the
database. But when I open these files I see that they are different and
barnyard can't process snort.alert.12328198 file.  It says that
timestamp can't be NULL.
If I configure it to process snort.log.12328198 file - it's working
fine.
Is it possible to configure it to process snort.alert files only?
Maybe it should be some specific parameters when I start barnyard?
--
Best regards,
 Alexander                          mailto:alex.ontario () gmail com