Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem running snort

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:02:29 -0400

Looks like you might be missing the -c on the command line (ie -c
/etc/snort.conf).  Can you send your command line?

Russ

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Zakai Kinan <titanyen2000 () yahoo com> wrote:

I just installed snort 2.8.4.1 on linux lenny and I am getting this error:
 "ERROR: ValidateBPF() FSM compilation failed:
       syntax error
PCAP command: /etc/snort.conf
Fatal Error, Quitting.."

I compiled both snort and libpcap 1.0.  So far, google has not been my
friend.  The installation went fine.  Does anyone have a clue?

TIA,

ZK