Snort mailing list archives

Sguil mysql database corruption recovery question

From: Stephen Mullins <steve.mullins.work () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 14:28:06 -0400

Hello,

This is essentially a MySQL question but is directly related to my
use/administration of Sguil with Snort.

Most often when Sguil crashes for me it is due to a database table
corruption issue.  Moving the last day or two of table files to our
archive directory generally fixes the issue.  Normally I try to run
myisamchk -r on the files prior to moving them as a last ditch effort.
 Thus far myisamchk has never been successful but moving the table
files and dropping data from the merge files normally works.

So my question is, how would one go about either merging the data in
the moved files with the current files or otherwise making that data
available to the Sguil GUI?  Moving a day or two of tables results in
effectively "losing" that data from the user perspective in the Sguil
GUI.  I would like to be able to resolve database corruption issues
without loss of data if possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Steve Mullins