Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE/Barnyard2

From: "Richard Lichvar" <rlichvar () sainc com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:07:58 -0400

Shawn,

Joel had already given me some feedback on my email. Thanks for yours,
though. It confirms what Joel said plus gives me a little more
information on BASE.

As it turns out, there is already a folder in /var/www/html for base and
I finally figured out the URL to get to it. (Required https.) Doesn't
seem to be anything there but I know from looking at Splunk that there
are log messages from Snort plus on the CentOS console messages are
being generated. (It's version 1.3.5 so maybe I'll upgrade it to 1.4.3.1
when I upgrade Snort to 2.8.4.)

You folks on the list are great!

RichLich