Snort mailing list archives

Advice on Snort 2.8.x

From: "Richard Lichvar" <rlichvar () sainc com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:47:55 -0400

1.       We are on 2.8.0.2 (Build 75). Is there any real advantage to
upgrading to 2.8.4?

2.       Will upgrading Barnyard2 interfere with 2.8.0.2 or should we
upgrade to 2.8.4?

3.       We seem to be using PCRE version 6.6. What does this tell us?

4.       I notice there are MySql and other versions of Snort. How do I
tell whether we are using the MySQL version or not? (We running on
CentOS 5.2.)

Again, many thanks in advance for helping this Snort newbie.

RichLich