Snort mailing list archives

installing libpcap-0.9.20060417 (linux kernel ring buffer)

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:07:35 +1200

I know I have been here before but I can't for the life of me remember
which incantation solves this one:

RHE 5.

make dies with

./pcap-ring.h:44:29: error: asm/cpufeature.h: No such file or directory

I have googled the error and all the results I got were on chinese
linux forums!
yum whatprovides suggest kernel-devel -- installed that and I still
get the error.

Any ideas?

Russell