Snort mailing list archives

Re: how to know if my snort is blocking attacks or intruders

From: Joel Eslsr <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:32:06 -0400

This is the annual time of year when all the students that are being
taught Snort jump onto the mailing lists and ask for help with their
homework.  It's been happening for, I don't know 7 or 8 years in a row
now.

Look into snort compiled with the "inline" option.

Other than that, you have to do your own classwork. Every year we see
the same questions from the same parts of the world. Every year we say
the same thing.

--
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 13, 2009, at 3:13 PM, Stephen Mullins <steve.mullins.work () gmail com