Snort mailing list archives

Re: Cross-Compile Issue

From: Matt Watchinski <mwatchinski () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:08:20 -0400

Well if you can get a working tool chain with
gcc/libc/libnet/libpcre/etc it should work.  There is nothing
intentionally in the snort code to make it not work on an ARM system.
Looks like some people in the forums.snort.org have tried this and got
it to compile, with varying success in actually running it.  As for is
it supported, depends on your definition of supported, if that means
someone at Sourcefire or Marty has compiled, run and tested on that
architecture, then the answer is no.

You might want to post to snort-devel also, and see if someone in the
community has had any success.

Cheers,
-matt