Snort mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump script

From: Leon Ward <seclists () rm-rf co uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:50:05 +0100

Hi

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Jason Brvenik <jasonb () sourcefire com> wrote:

You are not using a unified output method? Blasphemy!

/me Hangs head in shame. I think we need to update the old saying,  "A
cobblers children has no shoes" [1] -> "A Sourcefire employee uses -A fast".

You are totally correct, and I have stood up and preached this message
myself enough times, especially while teaching Snort courses.

You should be using unified output and SnortUnified.pm :)

Correct, and rather than just share my fast output dependent swatch
foo(bar), I will update it to use unified2 and then distribute.

[1]
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Origin_of_the_phrase_the_cobbler%27s_children_have_no_shoes

-Leon