Snort mailing list archives

Re: Trouble with Snort --enable-inline

From: Oscar Mauricio Benavidez Suarez <obenavidez () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:28:37 -0500

well i want to know if i can install and run snort inline in a vmware
virtual machine, i want to emulate it and put 2 or 3  virtual pc and take
the traffic and block some ip and show it to the teacher, or what do you
recommend to i can show him, i need and IPS, intruder prevention system.

actually i have my virtual machine with debian, two ethernet interfaces and
i want to do a bridge to analize the traffic, but when i start the two
interfaces, my virtual machine put to slow and don't change the situation,
the base don't receive any traffic from the snort.

what can i do, what  you recomend me, thank you