Snort mailing list archives

Weird unified_log & barnyard

From: Tomás Heredia <tomas.heredia () activesec biz>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 12:28:38 -0300

Hi all
I've been digging in an unified log, and I've seen that some log entries
have an ethernet header as axpected by barnyard, but others start
directly with the IP header, and barnyard don't process it's IP data,
throwing this error: Unknown Network header (0x40A)... (in this case,
0x40A matches the ip header first two bytes, but I also got some other
values)

Someone have seen this before?

Regards,
Tomás