Snort mailing list archives

inverse snort rule

From: yavuz gokirmak <ygokirmak () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:27:55 +0300

Hi all,

I am a new user of snort, I have a question about snort usage.

I have a file of pcap data ( read vie tcpdump -r)

Assume we have some rules A,B,C,D and E.

I want to log unrecognized packets, I mean,
Packets which matches none of the A,B,C,D,E rules...

is it possible,

Can I take the inverse of the whole rule to create new rule like " !A and !B
and !C and !D and !E" ?

thanks in advance,

yavuz...