Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rule Update Issue

From: JJ Cummings <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:09:58 -0600

s/chron/cron/

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 8:54 AM, JJ Cummings <cummingsj () gmail com> wrote:

Just what Jeff said but I have included the links to some tools that may
assist you.

Depending on your needs, there are a few tools out there that will handle
this automatically (if scheduled in chron or as a scheduled task)  Of course
I have not personally tried either on windows, but assuming that you have a
perl interpreter running properly and the apt libs should be just fine.

Oinkmaster: http://oinkmaster.sourceforge.net/
Baconator: http://code.google.com/p/baconator/

JJC