Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort-3.0.0b3 on FreeBSD 7.2 UUID library fail

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 17:49:10 -0400

After installing the uuid libs, configure still couldn't find them.  (It
could find the header, but not the actual lib.)

configure:19250: checking for uuid_generate in -luuid
configure:19285: gcc -o conftest  -g -fno-strict-aliasing
-fvisibility=hidden  -I/usr/local/include/lua51 -fno-strict-aliasing
-I/usr/local/include  -L/usr/local/lib/lua51 -L/usr/lib conftest.c -luuid
-lm -lpthread -lrt  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid
Try this:

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"