Snort mailing list archives

Re: -A unsock

From: Joel Esler <eslerj () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:41:12 -0400

Are you asking if the GPL applies to the application that you are
using to receive your alert from Snort?

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Jason Tomforde <jtomforde () live com> wrote:
Hi,

How does the GPL apply if I would like to receive a snort alert using the -A
unsock output option?  In order to process the message received over a
socket, I need to know about the format of the message.  This is specified
in the header file for the output plugin (spo_alert_unixsock.h).  Does the
GPL apply if I use the structure for the alert message that is in the header
file within the application receiving the message?

Thanks,
Jason.

--
joel esler | sourcefire | gtalk: jesler () sourcefire com | 302-223-5974