Snort mailing list archives

Re: barnyard regular restart required

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:43:07 -0500

--On March 11, 2009 8:55:59 PM -0500 Ian Masters <ian () acces co jp> wrote:

What makes you think it isn't?  Some of us are watching the thread
wondering if someone has an answer.

So you're restarting barnyard every day?

Yes, but not for the reason you think.  I get some information about bots
on a daily basis and run a script to update some rules.  That includes
restarting barnyard and snort after the rules and sid-msg.map update.

However, I *have* seen this problem, and it occurs for me whenever I don't
get around to running the script for a few days.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.
WARNING: Check the headers before replying