Snort mailing list archives

Re: Upgrading from Snort v2.3.2 to 2.8.3.1

From: Joel Esler <eslerj () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 21:42:12 -0500

On Dec 9, 2008, at 8:01 PM, Ian Masters allegedly wrote:

3. MySQL's DB schema changed to minimum version 107, hence the
following
error:
FATAL ERROR: database: The underlying database seems to be running an
older version of the DB schema (current version=106, required minimum
version= 107).
Back to the list archives to try and sort that out: I have information
in the current DB that I want to retain.

Ian, I suggest that you output to unified.  Then use a third party
tool, like Barnyard or SnortUnified.pm to parse the Unified file and
insert into the db.  Inserting into the DB directly from Snort, is bad.

Joel