Snort mailing list archives

Re: Upgrade from 2.8.0 to 2.8.3.1 fails

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 08:40:56 -0700

On 12/7/08 8:24 AM, "Todd Wease" <twease () sourcefire com> wrote:

Hi James,

It sounds like you might be using an older snort with a newer
libsf_engine.so.  Can you verify that the snort that is being executed
is 2.8.3.1 and not 2.8.0?

Thanks,
Todd

  Finished Loading all dynamic preprocessor libs from
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/
ERROR: Failed to initialize dynamic engine: SF_SNORT_DETECTION_ENGINE
version 1.9.15
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Ok wow..I'm all KINDS of dumb...totally spaced to copy the updated
executable into my chroot dir 8-|...go me!  Thanks for the quick reply and
fix Todd.

James